Monday, September 28, 2026

From Capsules to Christmas Gift

I have a dear friend who is an avid Harry Potter fan. Recently, I found the MGA Mini Verse capsules on clearance for $2.50 each and wondered if the bottles would work for Barbie accessories in the laboratory diorama I built. They turned out to be the on the large side, so a second idea occurred to me. Could I turn at least one into an ornament for her Christmas tree?? Turns out, the answer is yes!

I created each potion as described in the instructions. Then I set up the capsule to be conducive to holding the table top without its legs and glued it in place.
Next came decorating the outside of the capsule to be more festive-like. And finally, I had my husband drill holes in the top for a ribbon to be put through.  

My daughter even helped me. It was fun having her work with me on this project. She liked talking me through the steps! We made it so that my friend can also open it and just display it if she wanted to. 

What do you think? Would you make this as Christmas gifts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment